Np;: nd, nd. Four pinback buttons, measuring ¾ in to 1 ¾ in. Item #5721
Four early peace badges from the 1960s, as the symbol grew into a ubiquitous symbol for peace. Designed in 1958 by Gerald Holtom for the British Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, the symbol is a combination of the camphor symbols for N and D. Over the next decades, however, the symbol grew to have a broader meaning in the peace movement, as evidenced in this collection.